Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM)

Billboard Talks Off County Agenda.

Byline: Carolyn Appelman Journal Staff Writer

Sandoval County commissioners tabled discussion of a possible moratorium on billboards in unincorporated areas of county.

"Billboards are the only way some Sandoval County businesses can advertise," Commissioner R.W. Johnson said during the public comment portion of Thursday's meeting. "It does not make sense to regulate 5 percent of the county when we don't have jurisdiction over the other 95 percent. If you can get all the Indians and cities to agree, then maybe I would change my mind."

Johnson was referring to the fact that a good chunk of unincorporated Sandoval County is pueblo, municipal or public lands where the county has no jurisdiction. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.