Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM)

Fumes from Gas Leak Prompt County Court Evacuation.

Byline: Journal Staff Report

The court area of the Sandoval County Judicial Complex in Bernalillo was evacuated Thursday around noon after an odor had some employees complaining of nausea and headaches, a clerk said.

Public Service Company of New Mexico spokeswoman Julie McCabe said Thursday that crews dispatched to the scene fixed a gas leak in a hot water heater that was the source of the problem.

One court employee, Al Sanchez, who works in the office where the water heater is located, went home sick, court clerk Rose Martinez said.

The building was evacuated for about an hour and a half, Martinez added.

Sandoval County Fire Marshal Clark "Sparkie" Speakman said Thursday he is not sure the gas leak was the source of the problems some employees experienced. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.