Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM)

Worker Dies On the Job.(Metropolitan)

Byline: Andrew Webb Journal Staff Writer

IN BRIEF

A construction worker died Friday after apparently inhaling industrial fumes while remodeling a Central Avenue motel.

Albuquerque Police Department spokeswoman Sharon Griego said the man was discovered at about 3:27 p.m. in a room at the Tradewinds Motel, 5400 Central SE. She said the identity of the man was unknown.

Motel employee J. Don Moody said the worker was an independent contractor for Albuquerque Resurfacing. He was fixing the bathtub as part of a remodeling project, Moody said.

Moody said the man had been working alone in the room for about two hours, before other workers entered and found him dead. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.