Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM)

7 Treated for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

Byline: Wren Propp Journal Staff Writer

Family Members Expected To Recover

Seven family members sleeping in a Santa Fe County house were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning early Tuesday, according to the state Office of Epidemiology.

Three were taken to Albuquerque for high-pressure oxygen therapy on Tuesday and later released. One who received the therapy was pregnant, said Dr. John Redd, medical epidemiologist.

The family members are expected to recover, Redd said. He refused to identify them or the location of the home.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas. Poisoning, which can be fatal, occurs because it interferes with the blood's ability to carry oxygen, Redd said. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.