Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM)

Fire Damages Pair's Garage, 2 Vehicles.(Metro & New Mexico)

Byline: Journal Staff Reports

METRO WATCH

Dee Stewart had just watched Julia Roberts accept her Academy Award Sunday night when her husband came running in to tell her the house was on fire, Stewart, 73, said.

No one was injured in the blaze that started with smoldering weeds in the back yard and spread quickly to the garage, said Albuquerque Fire Department Commander Eileen Graham. Joe Stewart told firefighters he had been burning weeds in the back yard earlier in the day. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.