Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM)

2nd Bosque Fire Likely An Accident.(Final)

Byline: Dan McKay and Chris Ramirez Journal Staff Writers

Two New Burns Blamed On Fireworks Put Out

Investigators now say the fire that ripped through the bosque Wednesday night was probably an accident, possibly started at a campsite near the Montano Bridge.

A 41-year-old homeless man was questioned about the fire Monday morning and released, Mayor Martin Chavez said. The man, Reed E. Nolan, was in the area at the time but isn't a suspect in the case, officials said. It was the second time he had been interviewed.

Investigators are examining a campsite near the Montano Bridge in connection with Wednesday's fire.

"The preliminary investigation indicates it was an accident," Open Space Chief Stephen Thomas said. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.