Air Transport World

Passenger traffic rose 6% last year, ICAO says.(Brief Article)(Statistical Data Included)

World airline traffic resumed a healthy growth rate in 1999 after slowing to only 1% in 1998 in the wake of the Asian economic crisis, ICAO reported. According to preliminary traffic figures, ICAO estimated that world RPKs rose 6% in total, with international RPKs up 7%. However, because capacity growth kept pace, overall passenger load factor remained fiat at 69%. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.