Air Transport World

IATA extends e-ticket deadline to May 31.(FINANCIAL RESULTS, NEW DEALS, AND REPORTS FROM EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE)(Brief article)

IATA member airlines approved a five-month extension to May 31, 2008, to the deadline for transitioning to e-ticketing. At the same time, IATA revised its goal from 100% e-ticketing to 96.5% owing to the fact that it has concluded it is impossible to eliminate the remaining 3.5% of paper tickets.

In 2004, the organization set a deadline of Dec. 31, 2007, to eliminate paper tickets. Airlines around the world have said they will be ready but a close analysis by IATA showed this not to be the case, Senior VP-Industry Distribution and Financial Services Tom Murphy said at last month's AGM. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.