Air Transport World

Ryanair.(Europe report)(decrease in profits)(Brief Article)

Ryanair reported a 5.1% &crease in net profit to 41 million [euro] ($51.2 million) for the fiscal third quarter ended Dec. 31, down from 43.1 million [euro] earned in the prior-year period. The Irish carrier warned that if yields continue to plummet, profit for the fiscal year to March 31 could decline "by up to 10%" to approximately 215 million [euro]." Revenues totaled 255 million [euro], up 37%, while operating expenses jumped 47% to 201.6 million [euro], leaving an operating profit before exceptional items of 53.4 million [euro], an increase of 9.6%. Operating margin slipped to 21% from 26%.

Looking forward, Ryanair said it expects yields to fall 20%-25% in the fourth quarter, a substantially steeper decline than the 10%-15% drop experienced in the first nine months of the fiscal year. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.