Fire

Thirty rescued from blaze in block of flats.(Incident Reports)

Firefighters rescued 30 people recently after a fire devastated a block of flats in Edinburgh.

Three residents were taken from the flats unconscious and were rushed to hospital, along with another two residents who suffered smoke inhalation.

The blaze broke out when a pan was left unattended in a kitchen at the first-floor property in the St Leonard's area of Edinburgh, early in the morning.

Thirty-nine firefighters were needed to bring the blaze under control The fire spread quickly and caused smoke damage to 15 other flats.

Lothian and Borders fire crews used thermal imaging to rescue residents from the building on East Parkside.

The two occupants of the flat where the fire started were among three people taken unconscious from the block. …

Log in to your account to read this article – and millions more.